A Simple Approach to Minimize the Risk of Ransomware
For years, ransomware has become a scourge. Because of the explosive increase of attacks on the essential infrastructure, it has recently become a national security issue. Ransomware, which keeps critical data required to run our public and private institutions hostage, is now impacting our lives.
? Since ransomware is all about having access, prevention is essential:
– Create strong passwords
– Ensure that your programs are secured and updated
– Encourage the adoption of two-factor authentication.
– Keep administrator accounts to a minimum on your network.
– Teach your employees how to avoid phishing attacks on their computers.
?Be ready for the worst:
– Confirm that your backups are usable and current on a regular basis.
– Make sure you have up-to-date off-network backups.
– Create an incident response strategy that explains what to do if your system is breached.